21 Jan Importance of Smart Control Systems in Agriculture
The increase in population growth is accompanied by an increase in demand for food production. The FAO reported that the world population would be reached 9.73 billion by 2050, and the increase will continue to reach 11.2 billion by 2100.
We are approaching a food crisis at an ever-increasing rate. Because of this, we need to be more productive when it comes to farming than ever before.
It seems smart agricultural systems will help menkind about this food crisis. IBM predicts the use of IoT will enable farmers to increase production rates by 70% by the end of 2050, so, all in all, the future looks optimistic.
With that in mind, smart agriculture is on the lips of many in the food industry with how it is blazing a trail for the future. So what is smart agriculture and what are its benefits?
The focus of smart agriculture is to improve farming via a wide range of computing technologies. It uses things such as artificial intelligence, robotics, and the Internet of Things to bring together all the information it can.
Success criteria of a smart controlling farm; a standardized approach sets forth the right use of resources for production in real time on the supply side and for meeting stringent constraints coming from the demand side.
While smart agriculture stands out as a salvation that can prevent the food crisis, it also attracts attention with its benefits to the farmer. Let’s see how does monitoring and recording data improve agriculture;
- Maximized productivity; Using smart control systems in agriculture taking timely measures to eliminate the usual threats increases crop yields and leads to maximized productivity.
- Improved quality; Using smart control systems in agriculture help maintain optimal conditions to ensure better crop quality.
- Reduced need for pesticides; Not only are pesticides toxic, but their use also entails expenses. Smart pest monitoring systems significantly reduce the need for pesticides.
- Predictability and control; Driven by smart control systems, data analytics predict the optimal harvest dates and ensure the security of supply contracts.
- Higher sales price; Greener, healthier products grown using the latest ag-technologies will have higher sales prices.
Futurecasting; By collecting and processing data retrieved using smart agriculture monitoring, farmers can predict the future state of soils and environments, and plan for next year’s crops.
I would like to introduce you to a product that will enable you to enjoy these benefits; Farmio
Farmio is a cloud-based, IoT-enabled software that transforms growing into a streamlined, smart process by providing all needs of your plants with its automated monitoring and control system.
To take care of your farm from anywhere at anytime with just a few click, visit our site and learn more about ‘Farmio’; https://www.forfarming.co/farmio/